We all want to be happy and positive people, but some days are more difficult than others and being positive is easier said than done. We put pressure on ourselves and allow self-doubts, negativity and anxiety to creep in.
Sometimes circumstances can get us down, sometimes it’s other negative people and sometimes we can be our own biggest critic. Whatever it is that gets you down, it is always beneficial to take a step back, reflect and refocus on your goals.
If you’re in need of some inspiration, we have ten positive quotes that will help you to cast your negative thoughts away! Take a look below and get yourself back on a happy and successful path today.
1. “Look for something positive in each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder.”
We all go through tough times and everyone has down days. However, there is always positivity in our lives if we look for it. Focusing on the positive, especially on our worst days, will uplift your mood and help you to stay on the right path.
2. “Try to be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud.” – Maya Angelou
Good people not only stay positive themselves, but they also help to lift others up. If you notice a friend, a colleague or a family member is having a bad day, try to help them to think positively and move forward.
3. “There are no limits to what you can accomplish, except the limits you place on your own thinking.” – Bryan Tracy
As humans, many of us have developed the bad habit of shooting down our own ideas before we even give them a chance. However, successful people have self-belief and self-confidence and this helps them to achieve more as they don’t hold themselves back. Don’t limit yourself and you’ll be surprised by what you can achieve.
4. “All you can change is yourself, but sometimes that changes everything!” – Gary W. Goldstein
We all have to power to be who we want to be and to choose how we live our lives. Change always starts with you and from there you may find that you can help others, change opinions or even help save the planet!
5. “Don’t forget you’re human. It’s ok to have a meltdown. Just don’t unpack and live there. Cry it out. Then refocus on where you’re headed.”
Having a meltdown and a good cry from time to time does not mean that you’re a negative person or that you’re a failure. It’s ok to be emotional and to let those emotions out, but what’s important is how we then recover and move forward. No one can be positive 100 percent of the time.
6. “A negative mind will never give you a positive life.”
It’s pretty clear that if you always think negatively you’re unlikely to find happiness and enjoy life. So cast those negative thoughts away and see what positive results you get.
7. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
Whatever stage you are at in life, you should always reach for your goals. A great way to maintain a positive attitude is to set yourself key goals for the month, year, or next 5 years. You can then keep striving for these goals, stay focused and feel successful when you reach them.
8. “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.” – Dennis P. Kimbo
We can’t control everything that happens to us, but we can control how we react and what we do in response. Will you maintain a positive energy, or will you let factors that are completely out of your control get you down and negatively affect your life? The choice is up to you.
9. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don’t mind and those who mind don’t matter.” – Dr. Seuss
This is a great message from Dr. Seuss. You should never be afraid to just be you. Don’t let the fear of judgement hold you back because it’s important to surround yourself with people who love you for who you are.
10. “Life is like an ocean. It can be calm or still, and rough or rigid, but in the end, it is always beautiful.”
Life is beautiful, so make the most of it!
We hope our positive quotes have left you feeling inspired and ready to tackle today. Take a positive thought and run with it and when you’re feeling down, but your mind at ease and remember it’s completely normal and you have the power to get back to a positive place.