You won’t get very far with your job search without a solid CV that sells your personality, skills and experience.
We all know that it’s important to dedicate time and effort to making our CVs excellent, but it’s still easy to overlook simple mistakes. These mistakes, however, may damage your chances of securing a fantastic opportunity!
By following the CV tips in our video, you won’t fall victim to the common errors that trip up so many applicants:
The most common errors are:
- Incorrect spelling and grammar – shows poor attention to detail and poor written communication. TOP TIP: We also recommend using Free & Quick Proofreading by Grammarly!
- Long sentences that say nothing at all – wastes space on your CV and wastes the employer’s time
- Not tailoring your CV – doesn’t convince an employer that you want to work in their industry
- Leaving out information – could make an employer suspicious
- Insufficient evidence – doesn’t back up your skills
- Incorrect personal details – could prevent an employer from getting in touch
- Too much information – some personal details aren’t relevant to your career
Once you’ve perfected your CV, be sure to upload it to CV-Library so that employers can get in touch with you about relevant jobs!