Are you on the hunt for a new job? While there’s plenty of job search methods at your fingertips, job sites still reign supreme as the first port of call for many new job seekers.
It’s hardly surprising that these sites are so popular when they offer thousands of excellent opportunities in every sector you can think of. But with so many to choose from, where should you start looking? Well, we think the best UK job sites of 2016 are a good bet.
Based on visitor statistics, Social Talent have released their latest infographic which will fill you in on who’s hot in 2016. Drum roll please, the best job sites are:
The best UK job sites of 2016 are:
1. Indeed – claiming the top spot for the third year running
2. DirectGov – a surprising newcomer to the top 10
UPDATE: The link cited in the infographic above is no longer correct. Please use: https://www.gov.uk/jobsearch
3. Reed – a favourite with recruiters
4. Total Jobs – boasts 110,000 live jobs at any one time
5. CV-Library – the UK’s leading independent job site. Registering for CV-Library is quick and simple. You can register here.
6. Jobsite – matches candidates with recruiters and employers
7. Monster – a well-established job board with lots of great career advice
8. NHS Jobs – as the name suggests, this is the NHS jobs hub
9. Fiverr – primarily used by freelancers
10. Jobs.ac.uk – focuses on academic, research, science and related professions
Don’t forget that while using the best UK job sites 2016 is a great way to find opportunities, there are plenty of other avenues for you to explore.
Find a job on social media – Companies often advertise their roles on social media first, so get ahead of your competition and be the first to know when a new opportunity arises.
Look at company websites – Check out your favourite companies online. Any jobs that they have available are likely to be listed on their website.
Visit recruiter websites – Are there any specialist recruitment companies that work in your industry? If so, you should definitely check out their websites.
Ask friends and family – You can’t beat the good old word-of-mouth method when it comes to getting your foot in the door with a new company.
Want more advice on how to have a super-successful job hunt? Take a look at some of our other job searching articles