Shifting or moving your office could turn into a huge and scary task especially if you don’t have an effective plan to complete this project.
The plan should consist of everything: Organizing till packing, and then the actual move. These things are always considered a big challenge no matter how many times you go through the relocation process.
It is considered the best approach that you hire experienced, economical, and effective local movers to move all your equipment and furniture safely.
You need to give your staff and clients time to prepare for the move. They need to get their stuff and schedule in order and make necessary arrangements so that they are well-prepared for the move.
If you are relocating to a significant distance, you may lose some of your staff due to long commute hours as commute plays a huge role in job happiness according to a study.
In case some of your people quit, you’ll then need to find their replacements. This is precisely why you should have a complete plan and a rigid schedule for the move.
What is the most suitable day for the move?
This is a big question mark and a source of confusion for many!
If you want to remain completely safe, the best day for the relocation is obviously either Saturday or Sunday.
It is the safest choice because unlike weekdays, there will be no loss of business and your sales won’t be paused because of the move.
It will eventually depend on what kind of office you run and your preferences regarding the moving day.
How to start the process of moving your office?
If you are running a relatively small office and you feel like you don’t need the professionals to help you, you can just relocate with the help of your staff.
If that is the case, then you can choose Thursday and Friday for the move. The reason behind this advice is that when your staff helps you to move on these days, they will have the weekend to get the necessary rest, spend time with their families, and recharge their batteries to resume the work in their new office the next working day.
The moving process in which staff helps you may boost their teamwork and morale which is always good for any business.
The following are the things you should do to streamline the process:
- Have a detailed plan for the move and complete the process as soon as possible because delaying won’t do you any good. In fact, your work will just pile up due to unnecessary procrastination.
- Hire professional movers or a relocation company based on your requirements so that there are no hiccups in the moving process.
- Involve all your staff employees so the work can be evenly distributed and completed right on the schedule.
- Have a couple of meetings with your staff in the new office before starting the work so that you can get their suggestions on how to move forward from thereon.
- Colour-code your packages on the basis of “care needed while handling” so that you can avoid damage to your equipment and furniture.
To conclude, it is best for you to choose the weekend in order to avoid the loss of business. However, if your office is small, you can choose Thursday and Friday to complete the moving process.
What matters the most is that you should have a proper plan and resources to streamline the whole process.