According to the moving statistics, up to 38% of all moves are corporate. Businesses choose to relocate their offices for a variety of reasons.
Moving a business to a new location is a very challenging experience. Office moves require a lot of planning and preparation.
First of all, you have to prepare the new office. Then, you need to pack all the necessary things properly and transport them to a new location. Lastly, you have to do unpacking and organizing in the new space.
Here are items you need to pack and transport during an office move:
- electronic office equipment (computers, notebooks, printers, scanners, cables, lamps, etc);
- personal items;
Are you planning an office move? Read on to learn how to make this process simple and less stressful!
Office Move Checklist
There are many things to consider and tasks to do when moving office. Your office move to-do list has to include the following:
- Preparation. Start preparing for office move earlier. Ideally, you should begin to get ready 3 – 6 months before an office move. So, you’ll be well-prepared before the moving day arrives.
- Setup the budget. You’ll have to make some purchases during the moving process. So, it would be better to calculate all costs and set the budget for an office move beforehand.
- Set deadlines. Office moving is a complex process that takes some time. Your clients may experience some inconveniences if the moving process is delayed. That’s why you need to set deadlines for office moving tasks and aim to perform them in time.
- Talk to employees. When you know the date of your move, it’s time to inform employees. Tell them the address of the new office. Discuss your plans with your employees and help them prepare for an office move in the best possible way.
- Assign tasks. Each of your employees should have his/her own duties and responsibilities during an office move. So, you should assign tasks in advance.
- Prepare moving boxes. Office moves require a lot of packing and unpacking. That’s why you should have enough moving boxes. Also, you should pick moving boxes of the right size. Pick up moving boxes ahead of time!
- Pick a cleaning service. A lot of cleaning move needs to be done during the moving process. You’ll have to do clean-ups in the current office and in the new space after relocation. So, you should definitely pick reliable cleaning services NYC prior to moving.
- Make some final adjustments. Let’s assume that the move is over and you’ve already relocated your office to another place. Now, it’s time to set up computers, telephone lines, tech equipment and install new IT systems. And of course, you should update the company’s contact information on a business site.
Office Move Specialists
The most challenging part of the process is hiring office move specialists. You should aim to find a local company that specializes in office moves and provides high-quality services at affordable prices.
Take your time to do research and analyze customer reviews of office moving companies that operate in your city. Ask movers questions to make sure that they can provide effective solutions to all of your office moving needs. Highly professional movers will help you reduce stress and go through the moving process smoothly!